System and Software Engineer
- skCUBE Data Handling Architecture (on-board, and Space-to-Ground)
- skCUBE On-board and Space-to-Ground Communication Protocols
- On-board Computer Software Architecture, RTOS, Drivers and Application Layer
- Ground Segment Data Filtering Software
- Systems Engineering
- Real-time Communication Protocols and Databuses
- Critical Software Engineering (Space Systems, Safety-critical Systems)
- Real-time Systems and Software Reliability
- Project technical supervision and team leading
- Critical on-board avionics software for the ExoMars 2018 Space Mission (Airbus UK).
- Mission-critical system architecture for the SkCube satellite (SOSA).
- Safety-related Functions of SIL-2 cockpit HMI for high-speed trains (Bombardier).
- 3+ years of successful technical supervision and team leadership (Sony, Bombardier).
- Managed a team of 10 China-based developers (later smaller EU-based teams, Sony).
- Three successful TÜV safety certifications of critical railway systems (Bombardier).
- Disciplined System/Software Engineer with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Practical experience with mission/safety-critical architectures and principles (5+ years).
- Software requirements, designs and code (UML, C, VxWorks, Leon2, ARM, PowerPC).
- Aerospace and critical software standards (ECSS-E-ST-40-C, DO-178, EN 50128).
- Safety Engineering (FMEA, FTA, gap analysis, hazard log).
- Delivered presentations and built a rapport in business relationships (Sony, Bombardier).
- Designed innovative, patented cross-device communication protocol; patent US20130241801 granted (also patented in EU and China).
- Technical responsible for highly successful Android embedded demo (C++/OpenGL)
- deployed to more than 100K units worldwide (Sony).
- Technical advisor for new technologies. Implemented successfully productized prototypes and presented them to Sony Business Group in Tokyo, Japan.